Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!!

It has been a long time since I posted anything on here.  I guess moving during the holiday season meant that some things just didn't get done the way I would like.  The good news is that we had a wonderful time with family and friends and truly enjoyed celebrating together.  I have decided that my crafty new years resolutions are first, to scrap more pages about myself and second, to try some new styles and techniques.  In the spirit of trying new styles, I created this layout of our apple-picking excursion from 2009.  It is more free-form and fussy than my usual layouts and  I love the way it turned out.


I was inspired by the Catching Fall collection from Lily Bee.  I love the softness of the colors and the classic patterns.  I used a few of their papers and added some of my stash.  I am definitely encouraged to break out of my scrappy box and try some new things.  I'll let you know how it goes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment