Monday, February 28, 2011

More Lets Scrap resolution layouts

I know, the Lets Scrap blog hop has been over for a couple of weeks now.  Life has been a bit busy at the Releford household.  Along with some of the crazy stuff, we were so lucky to have some of our family come for a short visit.  It has been several years since we hosted family in our home.  Minneapolis was just a tad too far away.  Now that we are in Dallas we are closer and hope to have many more family visits.  Garrett absolutely loved having his cousins to play with and having a bit of one on one time with Grandma is priceless.  Needless to say, with a full house, no scrapping was done.  I do have some of the layouts that I did for the LS blog hop that I can share.  I really enjoyed the challenges posed by the LS DT ladies.  They forced me to get out of the box and I am so pleased with the resulting layouts.

The challenge in this first LO was to use a list.  I opted to create a list of things I love about my son right now.  The hardest part of doing this LO was narrowing down the list to only ten items.  : ) 



For this second layout, we were challenged to use eyelets somewhere on the page.  I chose this funny picture of my son because it makes me smile and takes me back to that day when he was two.  Such a fun age!  he was so proud of himself, and his hair was so crazy.  He was in dire need of a cut and his auntie was having a little fun trying to fluff it up.  Seriously, how can you look at him and not crack a little grin?


This last one, came together very quickly.  The challenge was to use blue, white, and silver or gray.  I chose these papers from Echo Park's Wintertime collection because they fit the theme and they are beautiful!  My son loves the snow and being out in it so much.  He is definitely missing it this year in Texas.  Although the natives here would say that this has been a tough winter, it just wasn't enough for Garrett.

I have a few more LS layouts to share next time, but right now I need to get back to work on a layout for sei's blog challenge.  I will post it and a couple of my favorite LS layouts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment