Friday, September 10, 2010

Day two..

When we moved to Minnesota, we bought a new home which brought new challenges that I didn't expect.  I had get window treatments for the whole house asap.   As a result, I kept lots of loose papers with measurements and paint samples in my purse.  Eventually, I got a notebook to keep it all in but I found myself taking the notebook out because it was too large.  So when I saw this little paper mache book at Joann's the other day I knew it would be the perfect size (3" x 5").  Of course it needed some sproucing up, so I used SEI's Black Orchid line to personalize it.


Don't you just love that paper?  I bought this line because I fell in love with the bright colors and graphic florals.  I don't get to use a lot of florals since I mostly create boy pages, so I was looking forward to using it for this project.
I also made a mini card the other day.  I don't make a lot of cards, but I do like to send a simple homemade card when I can.  I even got all fancy in this case and made a matching lined envelope since they can be hard to find for mini cards.  I am happy with the way it turned out, simple, classic, and hopefully elegant.  So who should I send it too?  Any takers?

I have been feeling the urge to work with some girlie supplies so I dug into my old photos and am working on a couple of layouts of my nieces when they were little so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment