Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SEI sketch challenge

Finally got some good light to photograph my layout for the SEI sketch challenge ending today.  I love Julie Bonner's sketches.  I know I have said it before, but I will keep on saying it.  Even though my layouts usually stray from the original, I love having a place to start.  Julie's sketches are clean and classic and are easy to personalize.  Thanks Julie!!  So here is the sketch she created this month for SEI.



For my take on the sketch, I scrapped a couple of photos of my mother with my newborn son.  Yes, I am still working on my five year old son's baby pictures.  Can you tell that I am not a chronological scrapper?  Maybe this will be the year I finish his baby album. ; )



Aren't those butterflies gorgeous?  I have been holding onto them just hoping to have a reason to use them.  As the mother of a son, I unfortunately don't get to use butterflies and flowers often.  I need to get busy scrapping my own story so I can play with girlie stuff.  The chipboard frame and the butterflies are from the SEI Bridgeport collection. 

Before I call it a night, I have one last photo of a Valentines Day card I made with SEI.  Just a simple classic card for my wonderful hubbie.  I am really not much of a card maker although I am trying.  When I do make cards they are simple and clean.  I guess I just don't know how to do fussy.

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else did with Julie's sketch.  I think I'll head over to SEI's blog and take a peak.  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment