Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Lets Scrap challenge layouts...

I'm back with another layout for the Lets Scrap challenges for this month.  This one is for Debby's sketch challenge.  Here's the sketch... Love it!


Here's my take on it.  I have been wanting to do a page about my son's nicknames and this sketch was perfect with the squares on the left side. Love these papers from Crate Paper, the colors are gorgeous and the yellow circles just make me smile.




Here are a couple of close-ups.

To make the frames for each nickname, I rounded up enough chipboard name plates and then embossed and inked them.  I wanted them to look metallic and to be the common thread between all the names.  Each nickname is printed in different fonts that I chose to express the feel of the nickname.  So G Man is solid and strong while Sweet Pea is well sweet and soft.  I used my Silhouette to create them and then printed them onto the PPs.


The journaling reads "Garrett, you've had several different nicknames in your 5yrs, but you will always be my... Pumpkin Pie.  Since Pumpkin Pie is what I call him most often I knew I wanted it to be my title and I struggled to figure out how to incorporate it in a fun and creative way.  I love the way this turned out and will have to remember to do this again.  The alphas are AC thicker (brown) and Cosmo Cricket (teal).

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic take on the sketch Jodie, the picture is precious and I love how you used the book plates for the nicknames.

    ReplyDelete