Thursday, June 2, 2011

New challenge at Lets Scrap...

It's my turn to issue a scrappy challenge to the ladies of Lets Scrap and I decided to make it a fairly easy one since we had so many NSD challenges last month.  So, have you ever purchased a scrapping product just because you loved it?  I have several papers and embellishments that I bought without thought of how I would use them.  Most of these items are still sitting in my stash because I either haven't found a way to use them, or I just love them and haven't had the "perfect" layout for them.  So here is the challenge, design a layout in which you can use one or more of these items.  I actually designed my layout around two products I have been wanting to use.  These stickers I bought just because I loved them (and they were on sale)  and these great rub-ons from Lily Bee that I am always looking for ways to use.


So here's the layout I created specifically to use these products.


Isn't it fun?  I have been meaning to try a layout that utilized a grid and I really enjoyed it.  The grid worked perfectly for these photobooth photos of me and my son.  The photos were small and using the grid makes them more substantial. 


To fill in the grid I treated each square like a mini-layout and embellished them one at a time.  I think it makes the layout really interesting because of the small details.  The layout is almost PP free which is different for me and I really enjoyed using so many fun embellishments.


One of my favorite elements is the ha ha rub-ons here in the corner and I can't take full credit for the idea.  I saw something similar on the LIly Bee blog and lifted the idea.  I really enjoyed designing this layout and utilizing these great products.  So what do you think?  Want to play along?  Head on over to Lets Scrap and join in the fun!

1 comment: