Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Mind's Eye challenge...

I have recently gained a serious affection for My Mind's Eye products.  Not sure why it has taken me so long to figure out which manufacturers really fit my style, but I am finally getting there.  MME has so many great bright fun patterns and I love their embellishments.  I think the Alphabet Soup collection was what did it for me.  Seriously adorable for little boy pages!  I have wanted to play along with their sketch challenge for awhile (who wouldn't want to win 3 MME collections) but I didn't have enough product to work with.  I have now remedied that situation and am ready to play along!  So here is the sketch.
Great right!  The theme is April showers and I knew that I had the perfect photos for it.  I had scrapped this photos before, but I HATED the resulting layout and it has been sitting on my desk for months because I couldn't bring myself to put it in the album.  So this was the perfect opportunity to try again.  Here's what I came up with.


Don't you just love the fun patterns on the papers?  I love how well they all go together without being busy or fussy.  This is mostly Alphabet Soup with a little Penny Lane thrown in.  Here are a couple of close-ups.


I used my new Silhouette sketch pens for the journaling and the cloud.  It took me a couple tries to figure out how to get it to sketch and cut in the right places, but now that I have it figured out, I love it.  The sketch challenge ends tomorrow so hurry and get your entries in.

2 comments:

  1. adorable LO Jodi! love the little raindrops!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cheery (albeit rainy) layout with the bright colors and that adorable kiddo! Love how you stitched across the circles and that rather than gluing them down, you allow them to naturally rise off the paper. So creative!

    ReplyDelete