Thursday, April 28, 2011

SEI sketch contest...

Ok, two posts in one day, is a little bit of crazy, but SEI has the link up for their monthly sketch challenge and I really want to get mine linked before I head out of town tomorrow for a girls weekend.

I love SEI, their collections are beautiful and have a classic style that is so versatile.  I used one of their newest collection Corinne to create this layout about the relationship between my husband and our son.  They collection is full is Springtime and whimsy, but I was pleasantly surprised that I could create such a masculine looking layout with it.  They sketch for the contest was by Julie Bonner again.  I love her sketches!  I know I have said it before and I will say it again LOVE them!  She has such a simple and elegant style that is right up my ally.  Each month when they reveal the new sketch I fall in love and can't wait to get started on it.  This month was no exception.  So here's her sketch.
See, so simple yet gorgeous!  I loved the idea of using the large photo and in fact I had one that I had been wanting to use but wasn't quite sure how.  As soon as I saw this sketch I knew what to do with it.  So here is my take on the sketch.

I flipped the sketch on it's side to accommodate my vertical photo but otherwise stayed pretty true to the sketch.  Why mess with such a good thing?  With such a large photo dominating the page, I didn't want to add journaling so I created a pocket and a tab at the top for easy access to the journaling hidden there.  Everything is from the Corinne collection except the quote which I made with my Silhouette.  Can't wait to see what Julie comes up with next month!  The contest ends on the April 30th so there are a few days left to play along so go get scrapping!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment